When you visit websites, your computer’s internet browser (Internet Explorer, Google Chrome, Safari, Firefox, etc), keeps a record of where you have been (your history).
To ensure that no one can trace your history, you need to take certain steps to delete your visit to the this site.
It is important to clear only your history of viewing this site. If all of your browser’s history is deleted your partner may notice.
Below are instructions on how to clear your browsing history. If your browser is not listed below look under the Settings, Options, or Preferences for the ability to clear your history.
- Clearing your browsing history in Internet Explorer
- Clearing your browsing history in Safari
- Clearing your browsing history in Google Chrome
- Clearing your browsing history in Firefox
Most browsers also have a private browsing mode that tells your computer not to keep track of the sites you visit. This is sometimes called “private browsing mode” or “incognito mode.” Below are instructions on how to browse privately:
- Private browsing mode in Internet Explorer
- Private browsing mode in Safari
- Private browsing mode in Google Chrome
- Private browsing mode in Firefox
Computer use can be monitored and is very difficult to completely clear. If you are afraid your internet and/or computer usage might be monitored, please use a safer computer.