On this page you will find legal information that may help you if you are Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Two-Spirited, or Queer and experiencing abuse in an intimate relationship.
If you are uncertain about what information you need, read Lily’s Story.
Each important event in Lily’s story links you directly with information that may be useful if you find yourself a similar situation.
Read her story here.
Learning About Abuse
- Facts About Abuse
- The Effects of Relationship Violence
- What the Law Says About Abuse
- Abuse in LGBTTQ Relationships
- What You Can Do If You Have Been Abused
- Why People Stay in Abusive Relationships
When the Law Gets Involved
More resources on domestic violence
Human Services Alberta
Abuse in Same Sex Relationships
Health Agency of Canada
Abuse in Lesbian Relationships: Information and Resources