Can you recognize the signs your tenant might be experiencing abuse?
CPLEA’s Domestic Violence Toolkit for Landlords is a free resource for landlords and property managers. It can help you understand your role in:
- preventing or reducing domestic violence on your premises
- getting victims the help they need
- caring for your staff and other residents when domestic violence affects you as a community
Domestic Violence Toolkit for Landlords
The toolkit includes the following information:
- Why get involved?
- What is domestic violence?
- Reducing incidents of domestic violence
- Recognizing the warning signs
- Having the conversation
- Why won’t they just leave?
- When the police get involved
- What can the victim do?
- What can the landlord do?
- Following up on the domestic violence incident
- Domestic Violence Services, Handy Resources and Educational Programs
- Printable business cards about the Family Violence Info Line and Safer Spaces
TIP | Learn more about landlord and tenant laws at CPLEA’s Laws for Landlords and Tenants in Alberta website.