On this page you will find legal information that may help you if you are an immigrant woman experiencing abuse in an intimate relationship.
If you are uncertain about what information you need, read Rose’s Story.
Each important event in Rose’s story links you directly with information that may be useful if you find yourself a similar situation.
Read her story here.
Learning About Abuse
- Facts About Abuse
- The Effects of Relationship Violence
- What the Law Says About Abuse
- Your Rights as a Sponsored Person With Conditional Permanent Residence
- What You Can Do If You Have Been Abused
- Why People Stay in Abusive Relationships
When the Law Gets Involved
For more resources on domestic violence see: www.willownet.ca/resources
Citizenship and Immigration Canada
Information for Sponsored Spouses or Partners
Department of Justice Canada
Abuse is Wrong in any Language